Sunday 6 February 2011

Sea air.....

I thought I'd got away with a walk this weekend...but to get my 'coffee n cake fix' I had to trek to the nearest tea rooms which were 3 miles away!
Chris had found us a lovely little cottage at Parkmill on the Gower, South Wales, which was about a mile from Three Cliffs Bay. From memory, I knew the National trust car park near Pennard golf club had tea rooms...with malteser cake etc etc...and was only a further 2 miles along the beach/cliff top...so on went the trainers...and Cassia, Mali and Golda were made to quick march along!

The rain held off but it was incredibly windy, and unfortunately the tide was in so we couldn't get on to Three cliffs or Pobbles beach..shame- straight to the tea rooms then!! We met Chris there (he had enjoyed a quick round of golf....funnily, the cottage was near a golf course????), and enjoyed 3 cakes between us so we could sample a variety......then it was a tough decision.....do we get in the car?? or do we walk back??

Cass kept Chris company....and I had to walk the smelly dogs back!! By this time the tide was out far enough to detour onto Pobbles and Three Cliffs so that Mali could have a quick dip..then back to Parkmill for more sustenance before the afternoons exercise......

Yes...Surfing!!

Yes...I know it's February..and the water temperature is, like, freezing, but Cass and I, well, were tough (and a little bit stupid!!).
We went to Caswell Bay, to meet friends Sarah and Steve, and coz the waves were bigger and more dangerous there, and donned wetsuits, hats, boots, and everyone had gloves.....except me!!

The waves were seriously awesome....and we weren't the only idiots in the water which amused me!


I lasted 10 minutes before my hands became so cold and painful that I couldn't hold onto my board (note to self - buy gloves!) but the others lasted half an hour, it was an experience for sure!!

After 2 hot showers, 2 mugs of hot tea and an indian take away, I finally thawed out.....perhaps next week I'll just walk with Sadistic Sue...........

No comments:

Post a Comment