Monday 14 February 2011

Naff headphones.....

Am going to miss the 'Wednesday workout' with Sadistic Sue (SS) this week as I'm taking Cass and the out-laws to Gatwick. They are jetting off on their jolly to India and I am designated chauffeur.

So, thought I'd better get the old butt to the gym whilst I had the chance.
To be honest, the old butt still aches a bit after Saturdays trip out round the common, as does the thighs, the knees, the calfs, the hips.....

Anyhow....I dragged myself onto the treadmill, plugged the headphones in, and POP! The little plugs pinged and stopped working......okay.,...so listening to SS going on is one thing, but running along in silence is something else!! There is just no momentum without a ga-ga beat, or a Mika mix-up or a Muse medley or a Killers cacophony (impressed??), it makes running kinda boring, so I only lasted for 30 mins on the treadmill before I hit the weights circuit, and 15 mins of that before I called it a day.

Once home, the sun was still shining, and as Golda looked like she had a bit of 'spring fever' ie a bit hyperactive, I grabbed both dogs, and did the 3 mile 'Newbury Loop', but in reverse, for way of a change!

No comments:

Post a Comment