Monday 21 February 2011

Ouch!

I'm convinced SS kicked me on Saturday.....by the time I'd got home after our 28 miles, my left foot was beginning to ache...SS said it was probably the cold and wet.....but by Sunday am it was swollen and bruised......so I'm of the opinion she definitely did something to me!!

I borrowed some of Chris's ginger and frankincense joint balm (??!!) which eased it ( or it could have been the brufen and choc biscuits??)and strapped it up with tubigrip, and today it does seem a little easier.....the last thing I really need is an injury. Surprisingly, it hurts more to walk on it than it does to run.....

I decided to give the gym a miss today and head to the swimming pool, I figured the warm water would soothe and support....what I hadn't figured was the fact that it was half term....and the pool was full of undesirables.....namely kids!!!

So.....I ended up in the gym after all! And, as my foot felt better running than walking, I ran for half an hour on the treadmill (listening to Muse) and then did 2 circuits of upper body weights....

So now I'm balanced out, as my top half aches as much as my bottom half - ouch!

1 comment: