Sunday 27 March 2011

Sorry....

Sorry.....I haven't got round to posting a.....well.....post...for a week, mainly due to a stinky headache-cum-migraine. The thought of looking into a computer screen was a little nauseating if I'm honest......a week on, the headache is nearly gone, the thought of sitting at a computer catching up on a million emails is still nauseating, but you can't have it all!

Wednesday dawned bright and sunny, and should have been a 'gym' day for SS and myself. The thought of pounding on a treadmill and lifting weights prompted me to text SS and suggest a walk in the fresh air instead, as they don't really like the clients throwing up on said treadmills, so we met at the top of the road and did one circuit (8 miles) of the common in lovely warm sunshine, before I needed to head back home for a lie down. (Anyone reading this is going to think I'm 60, not 30)!

Saturday was another training day, but this started off a little gloomier weather wise, although it was warm. Again we met at the top of the road, just before 7am, and headed to the common. We were not sure why, but it was deserted up there, really spooky, all the Reading marathoners had finished training, the Newbury Race-goers where getting a lie-in perhaps, but it was soooo quiet. We finished a circuit in no time at all and headed to Costas. The disadvantage of a headache-cum-migraine is it leaves me feeling very queasy so I didn't even have the pleasure of eating a chocolate twist in front of SS this week, nor drink a milky coffee.
An earl grey tea and a plain bun please!
We headed out again,onto the common, but at the far end, we dropped down through the farmyard at Crookham and headed for the canal, which led us past Thatcham Lakes (those birds are SO NOISY when your head aches!) and into Newbury..this time for a mug of earl grey with lavender, great for headaches.
The plan was then to retrace our steps back along the canal..but I had really had enough and felt ugh! Plus, I had yet to take the dogs out as both Chris and Cass were away for the weekend!
SS battled on in the face of adversity (not really, it just sounds good) heading back along the canal towards the common and I headed up Newtown Road to collect Mali and Golda.

Mali and Golda where very happy to see their leads in my hand, and we quickly headed back down Newtown Road to City park.
Golda gets very excited visiting City park at the moment, I'm sure a fox must frequent it regularly as she spends most of the time rolling on every inch of grass there...Mali, on the other hand, spends her time running up and down on every inch of grass. I have learnt to take her ball with me on these trips, otherwise she turns into a bit of a playground bully-pinching the other dogs balls and refusing to give them back!

After a run around, it was a walk up Wendan Road, with a cut through Paddock Road, onto Newtown Road, to home, more tea, aspirin and bed!

My mileage for Saturday was 21 miles....SS for all I know, is still going backwards and forwards along the canal and the common......

No comments:

Post a Comment