Tuesday 22 March 2011

Money, money, money..

I spent Sunday evening setting up a justgiving fund raising page - SS and I are hoping to raise money with the 2 races we are doing, to buy wheelchairs, and pay for the upkeep of wheelchairs, for a disabled  children's school in Durban, South Africa.

The school is called 'Happys' and has to rely entirely on donations for the day to day upkeep of the home, and the care of the 200 children there.
To find out more, log onto
http://www.help4happys.co.uk/

In order to raise money, SS and I are going to,
1. Walk 40 miles in a time limit of 14 hours across the Ridgeway on May 7th, and
2. Walk 100 miles in a time limit of 24 hours around Lingfield Park in Surrey on 2-3rd July.....
Now I'm sure that deserves some of your money, money, money???

To donate (please, please, please) visit our website;
www.justgiving.com/teaandblisters
Thank you heaps xxxx

Well, because I've begged for your money, thought I'd better get down to business on this blog, and get some training down too!
I felt compelled to get to the gym Monday after work, not only because I had eaten half a packet of digestives (again!!), or had a headache that I wanted to run off, but to show that I deserved your cash!

I spent 35 minutes on the treadmill, 30 running, and 5 mins warm-down walking, followed by 5mins 5 seconds on the rowing machine. I aimed to row 1000 metres in 5 mins, but needed the extra 5 seconds..I aim to do better next time!
This was followed by sit-ups by way of a change. I usually avoid these, as, to be truthful, they hurt! But, as mentioned, I really, really want your money! And I did 55 of them!

And with my headache no better, and stomach to add in from the sit-ups, I decided to call it quits...or today anyway.......but in the words of The Terminator...I'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment