Wednesday 9 March 2011

New shoes!

Met SS at the usual Wednesday time and place, Nuffield Gym in Newbury. Hips still a bit stiff after Mondays' epic journey, but my feet were very bouncy as I had on my new trainers!

Whilst on the retail park on Tuesday....(I was meant to be in Homebase for Chris but had 'got lost' and ended up in the sports shop)....I noticed some Asics trainers - my style, my size, AND in the sale, BARGAIN!!!

So, there I was, with SS ready to try them out, and what better way to break them in than a run. We  needed a break from walking (!!!) so decided on a 30 min run, before doing our usual weights circuit.
The treadmills are placed before a  huge glass wall/window overlooking the racecourse and golf course, and with the sun shining, it felt like we were out there and part of it....but not as cold!
Unfortunately, after 27 mins of happily running along to my Muse, Mcfly and Mika collection, I made the mistake of knocking the emergency stop button whilst reaching for my water bottle....and did just that, stopping dead, and nearly ending up on said racecourse/golf course - at least, for future reference, I know the button works!
So, back to the treadmill, and a quick 3 minute sprint to catch up SS!

Then a circuit of weights, with an extra machine thrown in for good measure.....and because there was a lady at least 10 years older than us on the machine we wanted to use!!

And finally.....my new shoes found their way to the coffee bar......

No comments:

Post a Comment