Wednesday 15 June 2011

A meerkat called 'Happy'....

It's Wednesday evening...I have been in the UK a little over 24 hours, and yes, its good to be home..but I'm feeling a little flat...
I keep thinking 'this time two weeks ago I was doing......' and 'this time last week I was doing....' - but hey, life goes on, and I've got to put into practice everything I have learnt!

I put my culinary skills into practice and made bunny chow for supper last night, and did 'zulu chicken and dumplings' tonight, no-one's been sick yet....

I've remembered 'blessed are the peacemakers' and I haven't decked Chris for taking in a lodger ( who is very nice and house-trained)...( that's the lodger not Chris...although Chris is both nice and house-trained)....

I've got back into the gym swing -of- things, and met SS at 8.30am this morning, an hour of that nearly killed me....and then I remembered that I'm training to do a race on the 1-2nd July to raise money for the kids at Happys'...I should be doing this willingly not grudgingly......but boy did my legs ache......even more after  I ran a circuit of the common with Mali and Golda too. Saying that, it was nice to be outside doing some exercise....even though I have lifted kids for two weeks, I haven't felt like I have really done anything to get the joints or muscles moving, so it was great..even if a little tiring..to be out running.

And now I'm off to bed..where my cuddly meerkat is  on the pillow! I bought this meercat at the airport in Johannesburg and it's gorgeous! I had a few Rand left, and when I saw it for sale, I thought, why not! I'd worked hard for the last couple of weeks, looking after these people, and disabled kids, I needed a treat, and perhaps a reminder of my time here! And a meerkat too! My favourite animal. So I bought this lovely, furry toy, and put him in pride of place on my pillow. When I went to bed last night, and showed Chris my meerkat, it was only then that we noticed my meerkat only had one eye!! Can you believe it....a disabled meerkat.......we decided to call it HAPPY.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment