Saturday 11 June 2011

Happy.....

Today (Saturday) was a day off, but we were still up early as we were going to Essingwood market in Durban centre to buy our souvenir's for home! This market closes at 11am, so we needed to 'get moving'!

The market was quite small, set out under some huge trees, with the first third of it being entirely devoted to food.....couldn't do anything until I'd had a box of donuts! These they sprinkled with honey, cinnamon and chopped almonds.....I did feel a little guilty, as, being a Saturday, I knew that SS would be hard training at home, walking the common, as we have our race on 1-2nd July.
The feeling soon passed! And anyway, we are raising money for Happy's, and I'm here in person, doing some work at Happy's..........

Anyways.....the market had a lot of 'Africa crafts' and I was able to find some lovely things to bring home to remind me of my time in this beautiful country.

Once back at Westville, it was deemed my turn to cook this evening, so I prepared food ready for supper, and then the rest of the day was my own. I decided to sit and sort my photo's and emails.
Below are a collection of photos of the children at Happy's, who always are happy - big grins every time - smiles even in times of adversity.














No comments:

Post a Comment