Wednesday 27 April 2011

Counting down....

As Tuesday was an 'annual leave' day, I met SS at the gym for an 'extra' bit of training, in preparation for next Saturday!!

We headed straight for the treadmills, and whereas I am really anal about getting 'hill practice' in at the moment, SS did a mixture of everything, in fact she was a real fidget!! She ran a bit, jogged, climbed, walked, ran some more. I climbed, up, up and up at a tough but steady pace for the full 30 mins.....I had put my iPod onto the 'shuffle' selection, and was quite surprised at the eclectic mix I had on it, but it got me to the top!
I listened to Brandon Flowers, Feeder, Robbie (bless him!!), a little bit of Kings of Leon, Bon Jovi, Lady GaGa, Paramore, the Good Charlottes, Mika, Take That, Abba (works for me!!)and threw in some Marillion, anything to get the legs moving!
This was followed by a circuit of weights.

Today (Wednesday) saw us at the gym again, for our usual weekly slot, and we both did a hill this time, 30 mins of the steep incline on level 15, before we hit the weights - again.
We feel adequately prepared for the Ridgeway next Saturday, but once that is done, we then need to focus on the Surrey Centurion as the next challenge....that is a flatter course, but we are going to need to cover distance pretty darn quick - 100 miles in 24 hours, so the incline on the treadmills can come down (phew!!), but the speed has definitely gotta go up......

If you haven't sponsored us, don't worry, you still can.....
www.justgiving.com/teaandblisters

No comments:

Post a Comment