Wednesday 13 April 2011

Finally....

I've finally got around to writing on my blog again, after a really rotten week.....it's been a nightmare trying to sort out bank details and barclaycards etc...the latest is that my bank account is still 'frozen' whilst the bank 'investigates'...that means that they will let money in...but won't honour transfers, standing orders, direct debits, cash out, or let me write cheques, basically I'm stuffed..and this could go on for another couple of weeks yet.....the good news is that I had a barclaycard delivered yesterday - yay! so at least I can now do Tescos.....all  this hassle whilst the thieves are happily spending my £3000 somewhere.....(and using my Starbucks card-pah!)

Anyway....onto training....
Saturday saw SS and I do a short walk only. My excuse was that I had my Dad down from Birmingham for the weekend, SS's excuse was that she was meant to be going to London (that's another story involving heavy metal and lost tickets!!), so we met even earlier than usual, and did even shorter than usual!
6.30am saw us at the top of the road, heading towards the common, and it was a quick circuit around of the full perimeter, the usual 8 miles, before heading to Costa's for breakfast.....I had missed my chocolate twists and decided to have one for 'old times sake'!!
With all the training we are doing we seem to definitely be picking up speed, and guess that we are doing on average 4.5 - 5miles an hour now.

I wasn't able to get to the gym on Monday as I usually like to, as again I was in the bank trying to speed up the process of getting to my money, so by Tuesday afternoon I was 'itching' to get there and went straight from work to do an hour of cardiovascular work, I definitely needed to release some 'happy hormones'!
I did;
10 mins treadmill -run
10 mins treadmill - uphill walk
10 mins treadmill -run
5   mins treadmill -flat walk
10 mins x-trainer
15 mins cycle (for my brother Tim's sake - to see what the fuss is about - easy-peasy!!)

Wednesday SS and I met as usual at the gym for our 'wednesday workout', and again it was freestyle.
SS did a very fast flat walk, but did throw in a couple of hills mid-way through.
I did 20 mins of a steep uphill (getting ready for our first race on May 7th as there are 2 hills that nearly kill me!!) and then I did 8 mins of very fast flat. The last 2 mins I ran as if I was being chases by demons as I really needed to let off steam, and it felt great...I don't think SS has ever seen me move so fast, apart from the time I thought I saw a python......
We followed this with the usual circuit of weights, including the abdominal machine..and I did 60, yes 60 reps on that.....have I got stomach ache now to prove it!!

1 comment: