Thursday 5 May 2011

Suggestions please.....

Thanks to my good mates, Wills n Kate, I enjoyed another long weekend of work, but this time in Aberdyfi, Wales.
It was also nice to have a different back drop to training than Greenham common, the canal or Nuffield Gym!
As I spent all day Friday sat in front of the TV from 9am until 5pm -watching me mates get hitched- and then only walked the half mile to the beach for a coffee from the deli, Saturday meant I had to do something as it was really a 'last chance'....before the first of my ultra marathons this Saturday...

So, up at 8am....and with no SS waiting on a corner for me, I pulled on the running shoes and headed to the beach. For those of you who don't know Aberdyfi....it is separated from the next town - Towyn - by a long stretch of 4 mile sandy beach, perfect for running on..apart from the wind. Today this was blowing from the land, across the sand dunes, into the side of my face, and then out to sea, depositing a large amount of sand in my mouth and ears en route!! But, as I said, perfect for running on, so I did...all the way there...and all the way back ....as the coffee shop was shut!!
I was helped along by listening to Bon Jovi on my iPod....to be honest..this is now getting a little tedious, someone out there must have some ideas for some other running music - suggestions please?

The only problem with running to Towyn, is that you can see Towyn town framed by the mountains of the Snowdonia National Park from a long way off (ie Aberdovey) and it doesn't seem to get any closer, however fast you run...so it was also a lesson in endurance!!

Once there, and back..the classic was finding Chris who said..'we've decided to walk to Towyn along the beach this morning....' so 8 miles run, 4 miles walk, found a tea shoppe..and the rest was history!




Back home, and Tuesday and Wednesday saw SS and I in the gym for our 2 final sessions before the first event this Saturday. We met at 8.30 am after school 'drop-offs' and headed straight to the treadmills.
SS remains in a 'fidgety' mood and did a bit of everything..I did my last two hills, and on both days we did a circuit of weights..and now today and tomorrow we eat and eat and eat..this is my favourite bit, the carb loading.....it's a tough job...but someone has to do it!!

Remember, it's not too late to sponsor us...and this is only the warm up, the next event is 2nd July!
www.justgiving.com/teaandblisters

No comments:

Post a Comment