Friday 22 April 2011

Two weeks to go....

Two weeks to go until the first of our two races (May 7th  -Ridgeway40 )so training has been good.  Unfortunately the same can't be said for the bank-they still have our account 'on hold' whilst their investigation 'is still in progress'. The good news is - if you can call it that - that I had a phone call from Policeman Dan from Hampshire and Isle of White Police, to say that they think my purse was stolen by some 'professional criminals from Coventry' who have been targeting surgeries, and are part of a big investigation - so hopefully Santander will cotton on to the fact that I am not 'scamming them' and give me my money back .....we'll see eh?!

Anyway...training....

Tuesday saw SS and I at the NuYu gym at the top of town. We were told to meet a 'Kelly' there for 2pm, but when we arrived, she was 'off sick'! We seemed to remember that the last person to meet us there was unavailable too....
The gym is a bit pokey...and very dark inside, so that, and my terrible eyesight wasn't a good combination, however, they had compensated for my poor hearing and had turned up the internal music soooo loud that both SS and I had to turn our iPods up to full blast in order to drown out their racket, sorry, music. We managed half an hour on the treadmill in these 'conditions', and called it quits! The cardiovascular machines are set out in rows and all face a...well...a brick wall......and you can have all this for £24.99 a month.
On the other hand....you can pay £36 a month, and carry on at Nuffield, with stunning views of the Racecourse and golf course, quiet music, and lighting working at full capacity, which is what we did on Wednesday......

We met at 8.30am, and headed straight to a treadmill each, with a view of the racecourse! SS opted for a pretty darn quick run, I opted for a serious hill climb and did this for 10 minutes, then did a quick 10 minute run, before returning to another steep hill climb for 5 minutes, before finishing with a 5 minute run at the end, before a sedate warm down walk of 5 minutes. We then spent time doing a serious circuit of weights.

On Thursday, we roped Jamie and Cassia into joining us for a walk - we promised them food and they readily agreed!
We met at Kintbury station, and then walked 4 miles along the canal into Hungerford. SS and I arrived at the Tutti Pole coffee shop and had had a drink before Cass and Jamie showed up, but at least they DID show up, we enjoyed lunch, and then walked the 4 miles back - again SS and I had time for a spot of sun-bathing whilst waiting for them to appear -again! Once home, Cass decided she was shattered, and decided she didn't want to walk anymore, so I did the 'Newbury loop' with Golda and Mali, adding another 3 miles onto my total, making it 11 miles  in order to justify my creme egg!

Friday was another gym day, and I did as follows;
10 mins treadmill uphill climb
10 mins treadmill run
5 mins treadmill uphill climb
5 mins treadmill sprint
5 mins treadmill walk - flat
10 mins cross-trainer
10 mins rowing machine ( 1000 metres in 4mins 43 seconds woo-hoo!!)
Circuit of upper body weights
5 mins treadmill sprint - to finish.

The afternoon was spent cutting down trees, lifting the odd log and sweeping brambles - so I guess that was a training session in itself too........so, two weeks tomorrow, SS and I will be trudging across the Ridgeway -I reckon we're prepared.....but just in case, the alarm is set for tomorrow, and we'll do a circuit of the common.......

No comments:

Post a Comment