Thursday 19 May 2011

C'MON!

The day after the Ridgeway 40 I was a little bit pooped, but managed to walk the dogs, and the following Wednesday I got my butt to the gym and did the usual workout...but...that was it....my get up and go just got up and disappeared!!
It has taken a whole week to get motivated into doing something again, even though  I still have all ten toenails (and no blisters!) I haven't had any inclination, whatsoever, to do anything but sleep! (and eat!)

It was when I was looking at the calendar that I realised that the Surrey Centurion was only six weeks away this Saturday.....
Six weeks training..that's all....and for two and a half of those weeks I will be working in South Africa and not training at all.....

So...THAT...got me to the gym -sheer panic!
Met SS on Wednesday, still tired, but knowing that we HAD to get motivated and into gear...if we are going to do 100 miles in 24 hours...

We did the usual half hour of treadmill training, and the same as last week we have moved from hills to speed training, following this by weights. I particularly focused on putting the weights up on my upper body as I find over a distance that my legs are fine but my back and shoulders start to ache....Chris says it's because I drag my knuckles along the floor when I walk (love him!!).

Once home, I had the urge (yay, got the mojo back!!) to take the dogs for a run (much to Golda's disgust!!)and walked them along Monks Lane and Elizabeth Avenue, and ran them down the corn fields behind Enbourne. Two problems with this. Firstly, they are no longer corn fields, but rapeseed fields so my eyes streamed and my nose ran, and secondly, Golda, in protest at having to run, found the biggest pile of fox pooh ever.........
At the end of the cornfields I jogged along Fifth Road, my eyes now streaming at the smell of Golda, into City park, along Hampton Road, Derby Road and up Newtown Road to home, where Golda was rubbed down with baby wipes (sad, but true, stops the fox pooh smell!!).

Golda.

Mali.

So....6 weeks and counting..c'mon..bring it on!!

1 comment:

  1. how much of the 100 miles will you run Jane? not having run for years.....200 yards is enough to see me puffing and gasping! can walk for ever....but running...! def. need to get back to the gym!

    ReplyDelete