Thursday 26 May 2011

Rather tired.......!

On Wednesday I met SS for what was to be the last 'gym date' before I head to South Africa.

  Even though there were no hills in sight on the treadmill, it was still a struggle to do 30 mins on the flat at a respectable speed, and we spent a good  deal of time moaning about how tired we were......which...when we stopped to analyse it...(as one does if you are extremely anal about exercise like us two!!)....is hardly surprising.
On Saturday, we had done more mileage than a marathon..... had one rest day........ then had both been out on the Monday, and there we were, down at the gym on the Wednesday, tired??? Doh!!

So, after the treadmill, a circuit of weights, but we gave the 'ask the nice gym man to show us a press-up' thingy a miss - that can wait!!
We thought a coffee might revitalize us, did it heck! We sat and moaned some more, but made a plan to meet on Saturday, to get a final walk in before I head to Heathrow as it's now only 5 weeks until the Surrey Centurion!!

Once home, the caffeine kicked in and I felt a bit more zippy, so I decided to take Mali and Golda to the common. As Mali's lead had worked so well on Monday, I used it again, and off we went...this time I kept up with Mali, and surprisingly, even Golda had a spring in her step.
We only did the small loop....I'm sure I could have done more but I didn't want to push Golda (!!!)....and who did I see in the distance with his binoculars....only the RSPB man whom Mali had upset before, thank goodness she was on a lead today!
As we ran past him he turned and said "hello Mali" - talk about a reputation!!

Once home I thought I ought to carry on with my sit- up regime....don't tell Tim, I did one, ouch, and then collapsed, might need a little longer recovery time than I thought for these....

No comments:

Post a Comment