Monday 23 May 2011

Mali and me.

On Monday's after school, Cassia, and her friend Erin, have started having golf lessons at Newbury and Crookham golf club. This Monday, as I wasn't having to cover a shift at work, I offered to 'drop off and collect', and, as the golf course is next door to Greenham common, I figured I could get a run in to!

I also figured, as I had seen a dog lead reduced in Tescos, that I could get Mali to run with me too, even though she has been 'banned' from the common! This was one of those leads where we are both attached, but Mali still had 5 metres of relative freedom...but not enough to chase swans, or dig out golden-crested newts, or spotted wotsits, or even adders for that matter.....

So, kids dumped, Mali and me buckled together..and off we went.....

Mali, having four legs, had the slight advantage, plus the fact that she had 5 metres of lead meant she finished the first loop before me, looking less sweaty and slightly smug, in a doggy sort of way.....so, due to my terribly competitive streak, I was having none of that, so we ran around the loop again, finishing  fairly equal the second time (okay, okay, she won again....next time....)..and then the rain started...and didn't look like it was going to stop, so it was a mad sprint to the car.

Once home, I thought I ought to see if I could maintain my sit -ups number from Saturday (112)....and failed miserably!! In  fact, I tried to see if I could do more yesterday (Sunday) and my stomach muscles said NO!! -I only managed 60....today was a mere 50.....it's agony if I cough or sneeze, but at least I know they are doing something to the muscles!!
The funny thing is....I was talking to SarahJane last night, and their Personal Trainer - Chris PT - is making them do proper sit-ups where they have to sit all the way up, that's why my brother Tim is struggling to do more than 10 at a time - heehee - but, I'm doing what the website says, and if they say 'abdo crunch or curl to 38 degrees, no more', then I'm sticking with it...I just don't think I'll tell Tim just yet........

No comments:

Post a Comment