Thursday 30 August 2012

Doctor's orders......

Well......it finally got to the stage where I  just had to suck it up, and admit that I need to rest my feet......
They were brilliant after my marathon yesterday.....no blisters, all toe nails present and correct...even my hip didn't ache....but this morning the ankles were throbbing, and by teatime an appointment was made with the GP as I didn't really like flexing them anymore!

They ached a bit after the Dodentocht...and I was a bit concerned I had a march fracture,so I did the right thing, had an xray, ate a packet of nurofen, used an ice-pack, rested for a day, and felt brilliant so did a marathon!!

The GP called me a nutter - not sure that is a medical diagnosis (she wasn't a psychiatrist!!) - and told me that this time I had REALLY got to rest my feet, for AT LEAST a week without doing anything as I have tendonitis....and then I was allowed gentle exercise......and 'maybe could try' my  marathon at the end of September 'if I really had to??'.....I have elastic supports on my ankle.....and 30mg codeine  tablets to take four times a day interspersed with paracetamol...mmmm lovely!!

And exercise is good for you!!

Actually, its the sitting still that is going to kill me.....it makes me go stir crazy........but it will make Chris crazier.....but, Doctor's orders.......!

No comments:

Post a Comment