Thursday 9 August 2012

Butterflies!

I didn't think I would get to blog again before we headed out to Belgium tomorrow morning, but I am sat at the computer - meant to be catching up on some paperwork, and I thought I would have a sneaky look at the Dodentocht website...

Ugh...have I now got butterflies! I often get 'twitchy' before a race, and just want to 'get going', but this has got me twitchy big time.....it doesn't help having Chris tell me 'we don't have to rush...you don't have to be there til so and such.....' OH YES I DO!! I won't be settled until I have my chip attached to my shoe, seen the starting point and found the toilets....in fact I won't be settled until I have the first 10 miles under my belt...and then I just might relax!

Hopefully the osteopath may help a bit at lunchtime today as I'm booked in for a massage with her - as typically, after Body Attack on Tuesday evening my hip seized up again. It was a different programme, very quick with hundreds of star jumps and both Lisa and I felt really sick after the first 3 tracks...mind you, she had just had a roast pork dinner, and I'd scoffed a packet of skittles in the car!! but it was tough..and I can still feel it.....so a deep massage is in order ;-)

I've also been contemplating my next move this morning.... I need the next race to look forward to....as you know I always need a challenge lined up otherwise I'll very easily stop!
I was going to do the Colchester Centurions with SS at the end of September...but as she has pointed out to me I can't participate in that as I don't have a UK athletics number whereas she does. Apparently, under new rules, you can only enter one Centurions as an 'unattached' ie not belonging to an athletics club, any further entries made and you have to have an athletics number......and as I don't belong to a club, other than the LDWA which they don't recognise,  and I entered last year,I've had to withdraw...funnily though, when I spoke to the organiser and asked them to cancel my application and send my cheque back...they hadn't noticed ,
and said I would have got away with it this year....bah! far too honest!

So....I've trawled the Internet...and have not one...but three marathons lined up!!
Wed 29th August is around Salisbury Plain, September 22nd is the Cotswold Challenge and in October I'm going to do the Test Valley with work Colleagues.......I'm worn out just thinking about it - talk about butterflies!!


No comments:

Post a Comment