Sunday 19 August 2012

A little bit more......

After last weekends 'epic' adventure I really thought I should rest up for a bit......slow down...prepare the body for the next onslaught....but as it happens, I always feel the need to do a little bit more!

The feet are  good, I still have 10 toenails (admittedly held down with at least 4 layers of nail varnish!!) the osteopath was very impressed with my left hip, she was expecting the hip flexor muscle not to be flexing, so Tuesday it was back to the gym!!

OK, OK, I cried off from doing Body Attack....I had a very dodgy stomach from eating ibuprofen like smarties whilst doing the Dodentocht, and didn't really fancy a ruptured stomach ulcer from doing 100 star jumps, so I had a swim for a change....and that was lovely as the last time I swam I must have been about 12....(well, that's how small my costume felt....!)

But swimming's not quite the same.....for a start it's wet, it's also cold...I mean, they TELL you the water is 27C...yeah right...I don't reckon they ever actually sit in it to see if it really is....it's more like the lottery, lets pull a number out......hmmmm....today its.......24!....no wonder kids pee in it, just adding a little hot water thank you very much.....!

Anyways....Saturday morning was back to 'proper' exercise! A jolly along the canal to Hungerford from Kintbury with the work girls as we are preparing for the Test Valley (26 miles) in October.....I'm also preparing for my marathon on the 29th August!!
I walked with Laura and we had a great pace to Cobbs Farm, where we met up with the others for a toasted teacake and the loo's and then back again - clocking up 9.5miles.

Then it was home to collect the dogs and a  quick 'Newbury loop' to add another 3.5 miles so that I could say I had done a 'half marathon'!
We have an extra dog staying with us at the moment - a lovely black and white springer spaniel called Lily. She belongs to my colleague Katie and we have her for the next fortnight!
She already thinks she owns the place - preferring to sleep on the leather couch rather than her basket....and she prefers malt loaf with real butter than dog biscuits (I don't blame her!!).
Poor Golda - our retriever- looks at Mali, and then Lily, and I'm sure she thinks she is seeing double as we used to only have one!!
But it's great exercise...hanging on to 3 dog leads...just think of my arm muscles...I could always do with a little bit more!

No comments:

Post a Comment