Tuesday 4 September 2012

R&R

I find sitting still really, really hard..... It's just not in my nature! And lovely as this cottage is.....with peaceful gardens, bubbling stream , tranquil summer house..... I'm a fidget!!
I want to run....and run, and run!
There are so many footpaths around here, tracks, trails, roads, fields..... just begging to be explored.
Unfortunately...my feet still ache, my ankles burn... and whereas I would normally run a few aches and niggles off...I know that this time I need to heed the GPs words of wisdom (even if she did call me a nutter...) but it's hard! I can feel myself becoming very irritable and getting 'twitchy' .....and I haven't even had a week of rest yet!!

What makes it worse.... is that I  a had an email off Sandra Brown on Saturday....who? I hear you ask....well, let me explain!!

Sandra Brown is the chairperson of the Centurions...and friend of my 'new best friend Jim'! 
She had heard that I couldn't compete in the Colchester Centurions in September due to not having an English athletics (Jim and I had spent 27.1 miles talking about this!!) number.......and, short story, she wanted to propose that I joined Surrey Athletics Club under her proposal, with Jim sponsoring me....giving me a place to do the Centurions on 22nd September!!

Oh darn it!!

Talk about timing.....
Firstly I was annoyed that I couldn't do the race (not that I would have done a 100 miles before anyone gasps - I would have done what I could, gone for the experience etc etc) so I booked a marathon for that day instead...
And secondly I now have 'poorly' feet.......pants!

Oh darn it!!

So my feet are getting some R&R but my head is spinning!
Trendy black elastic ankle support -perfect in the 20c sunshine!


Tranquil Waterfall Cottage garden

Waterfall Cottage, Burley, New Forest.

Feet elevated (on rope swing!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment