Thursday 28 July 2011

Four down....how many more???

Four toenails have now dropped off...how many more d'ya reckon will? Those that remain have had several coats of silver nail polish to help stick them in place, but if they're gonna go, then they're gonna go!
I had my finger nails done today and I casually asked if I would get a discount for only 3/4's of a pedicure, the nail technician just stared at me in a sad sort of way..(it may have been that she was Chinese and didn't understand me)..no sense of humour!

 - I did also mention on facebook that I was going to make a necklace with my four toenails...again....you lot have no sense of humour...as if I would.....

Life appears to be back to normal nearly a month on from the 'big race', I'm back at the gym regularly, and apart from the toenails, nothing else has dropped off!
I met SS yesterday for our usual Wednesday workout, mainly treadmill and weights. For a change I did a hill climb and this felt great rather than plodding on the flat. Today, as I had the morning off, I again went to the gym, and did a bit more cardio.
It was great to do a bit more hill climbing (accompanied by The Killers), some cross-training and some rowing, and again a circuit of weights.
Whilst there I did see a notice for 'Boxing Circuits' so might investigate that further as it sounds interesting!! And might help me keep Chris in order......

SS  and I haven't got anything planned, and that worries me a little.......I need something planned to keep me training......no goal and I find it easy to slow down a little!! In previous blogs I have said I'm not doing anything as daft as 85 miles again...but it would be nice to have something to aim for.....a few shiny medals for some marathons might be good....

It's  also quiet at home at the moment as 'the lodger' has now moved into his own new lodgings, and took 'lodger number two' with him.
'Lodger number two' you might ask.....was a friend of 'lodger number one' who came to stay but got the dates wrong....( yes, I know calendars came out with the Romans, but he was from 'up North' and knew 'nowt') and ended up lodging with us for a week as well. Actually, as a point of interest...well, to me anyway....he is the only student I have ever met who is soooooo anti-vegetarian it's untrue, I was tempted to put a carrot on his plate just to see what would happen......
Anyways, 'the lodger' has been back a couple of times for his tea...not sure whether its for the stimulating conversation regarding my toenails, or my cooking skills......I think I washed my hands after fiddling with my feet.........

1 comment:

  1. I HOPE you washed your hands after fiddling with your feet... unless you're trying to deter me from visiting any more haha.

    ReplyDelete