Sunday 10 July 2011

Bemused...

Today I was given £20 sponsor money....not for the walk I did, but for saying that I was 'done' with long distance race walks......and even though people have said 'well done' for what I did, more people are impressed that I'm not doing it any more and are glad that I've 'seen sense'.....does anyone else find that a bit odd or is it just me??!!

Yes, I know my distances have been a bit extreme, but that's where the word 'challenge' comes in.....no-ones going to cough up a fiver for something that's easy are they......everyone bungee jumps..... or 'races for life'......how many can you name that have walked 85 miles (in one go, and not SAS!) for charity eh?!

But I am surprised how many people out there have thought that I am mental over the years....but haven't told me...apart from my brother Tim (nice bit on your blog, thanks bro - www.challengemenace.blogspot
)who is always questioning my psychological well being, and suggesting that I take up cycling.....??

Talking of exercise...I haven't been able to do anything...absolutely zilch....my leg is still extremely painful, the swelling has subsided but the muscle cramps/spasms which seem to extend from my right butt cheek all the way down to my calf muscle are excruciating! Normally I would have put my trainers on and 'run the knots' out, but at the moment I am very wary of causing more damage to the muscle fibres...this, unfortunately, doesn't help ones 'ambience' either.......I NEED to run for my sanity ( and for the sanity of those around me!!) - it keeps me sane, it releases the endorphins, those little 'happy hormones' that stop me snapping at people......(Chris, read this as an apology, it's as good as you're gonna get!!!)

Anyways, I might be a nutcase, but with gift aid, it's nearly £700 for Happy's, I think that was worth an achey leg

No comments:

Post a Comment