Monday 18 July 2011

Toenails.....

Two weeks ago, at the end of my 'big race' I was quite proud of the fact that I had all ten toenails, especially as SS had lost one of hers.....but, alas, I am now down to eight.....do you think I would get a reduced rate pedicure???

It's amazing the bits of you that drop off or wear out when you race walk....my right knee is still aching like crazy, I have done as I was told by the consultant and rested for a fortnight, (to be honest I couldn't do anything else!!) but even now I still feel tired and know that I did too much.....but how long does it take to recover??

Sitting still for too long and you get stiff and lose muscle tone....training too soon and you damage muscle fibre.....plus, I'm getting 'twitchy'...I'm getting to that stage where I really need to be 'doing something'. So...the consultant said two weeks.....it's two and a half on Wednesday...so I'm going to meet SS at the gym and try a little jog on the treadmill and see how it goes........I might need a week off afterwards, I might be fine....at any rate, it's about time we had a Costas....hey, I might be twitchy due to the caffeine withdrawal...

I am also very keen to try my new trainers!! I bought them last week, when my feet were still a tad swollen, so haven't actually tried them on yet......they are my faithful friends, good old asics 1160's.....it's a bit sad...but I keep taking them out of the box to look at them...see, I definately need to get out more.....

I would like to say that I had used my two weeks of non-training wisely...that I had caught up with jobs around the home.....sorted my South Africa photos.....read my new book on Nelson Mandela..but I haven't....I've been pooped - I've worked, come home, cooked tea, and been in bed by 8pm.

 The most productive thing I have done is cut my toenails, and now, as mentioned, two of those, alas, are no more.......

No comments:

Post a Comment