Sunday 16 September 2012

Disappointed.....

For the first time EVER I have had to pull out of a race due to injury, and I'm soooo disappointed......

Unfortunately the old feet aren't recovering as well, or as quickly, as I would like.... and the next person who tells me that it's my age will be kicked - or would be if I COULD kick!!

My right foot is perfect, I've done the right things as per GP instruction - no exercise, splints, elevation, analgesia, but my left foot just isn't playing ball - literally!
It aches around the ankle joint and across the top part of the foot, and as there is absolutely nothing to see I don't get much sympathy from the members in my family!

I had a phone call from the secretary of Surrey Walking Club on Monday, asking if I would like to represent them in Colchester this Saturday, as I'm now a member, and it was horrible having to say 'no'..... normally I run aches and pains out....and admittedly I did try walking the dogs yesterday to see how it felt....I did half a mile, all I could manage,  which was a bit rubbish really!!

And I'm beginning to feel a little ( not a lot!!) bit sorry for Chris as not exercising makes me feel soooooo cranky, tired and bad-tempered.... Poor Chris... he's a little disappointed too!

No comments:

Post a Comment