Wednesday 19 January 2011

Trench-foot.

However good my footwear is...I always seem to have toenails missing. Today I had to say goodbye to another....the third one on my left foot to be precise! I dream of having a full set, all fully glossed in the seasons 'must have' colour, but well....it aint gonna happen whilst I put my feet through their paces - and they get cold, wet and muddy on a weekly basis!

I've taken advice from the nice chaps in 'Up and Running' (particularly the one in Winton, Bournemouth), had my feet measured, prodded, poked, had my over-pronation corrected and have my shoes sorted down to the last shoe-lace...but still the nails turn black and drop off....Suzanne suggests I keep them in a jar but I've never found a need for them....yet!

Today saw us going through our weekly ritual at the gym. Wednesdays see us indoors at Nuffield Health and Fitness Centre (in the warm and dry!!)  We do a half hour hill climb on the treadmill...literally all uphill, and then a good half hour of weight training. Then the best bit.....a break down/de-brief of said training session over a cappucino...exercising the jaw muscle is an important part of the holistic approach to exercise!

NB.
For those interested in footwear...and even if you're not I'm still going to waffle on....
For gym/running I wear Asics 1120s
For power-walking/trail walking/trail running I wear Saucony Jazz or Pro-Grid

The best socks....after trying nearly every pair known to mankind...have to be innov8 designs in my humble opinion.....if any manufacturers out there disagree...please send me free samples.......

No comments:

Post a Comment