Tuesday 25 January 2011

Be Prepared...

I received a text from Suzanne this afternoon which read -
"I have a few sadistic ideas for the gym tomorrow....bring your MP3 player.."
..we had discussed upping our game on a Wednesday (bizarrely it was my suggestion) but after receiving THAT text it didn't seem such a good idea...in fact..I was a little worried.

Suzanne is very fit....much fitter than me...and if she thinks it's going to be sadistic, then it's gonna kill me! Hence the title of this blog...I had an afternoon to get prepared!

The dogs had a half  'Newbury Loop' walk (I cut out Andover Road and Monks Lane) and quick-marched them up Wendon Road and Chandos, which cut out approx 1.5 miles, and then I got my butt down to the gym!

I figured if I could get moving on the treadmill I would be sufficiently 'loosened up' for tomorrow. So for the first time in absolutely ages I did some interval training, which actually worked and felt surprisingly good! I did half an hour of alternate 1 min sprint, 2 min jog and at the end of this had a very red and sweaty face so know that it worked! According to the computer system on board the treadmill I had also burnt up nearly 500 calories so goodbye to the 2 pieces of chocolate cheesecake from Sunday......well...nearly!

So.....8.45am tomorrow will see me at the gym, with the MP3 player, going through my paces with Suzanne....and if I am able to type afterwards I shall report back...watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment