Tuesday 20 September 2011

Body Unbalanced.....

At the end of our 3rd Pilates session yesterday, SS and I asked the instructor if it was meant to hurt sooo much. We explained that our stomachs were protesting, that our ribs felt like they had been kicked, and our hips stretched...she looked at us in that pitying way that all fit, blonde instructors do, and said..'no'!!

Apparently, we are using muscles which have had 'little or no use before', and it 'will get easier'...yeah right!

To be honest..we are enjoying this Pilates lark..we are still pounding the treadmill, and lifting weights (proper stuff) but this 'airy fairy' stuff isn't too bad! I was definately under the impression that it was an easy option, a bit of hippy dippy relaxation and stretching to work some inner core, but this is tough stuff too.

My stomach muscles don't know what's hit them, but if this core work will help with our marathon missions, then it's got to be worth it, especially as we have our 'Cotswold challenge' on Saturday - will blog about that later.

I thought that I would give Body Balalnce a go on Sunday afternoon, well, if  I can do pilates, why not??
It's, well...different! You need a body, and you need balance.
Body? check.
Balance? you have got to be kidding!!
Stand on one leg and focus?.....no way!! I spent most of the class on my butt knuckle, and not intentionally!

Body balance?.......More like Body Unbalanced!

No comments:

Post a Comment