Tuesday 23 August 2011

A challenge....

As I  type this, sat on my comfy office chair, I can't help but think of my brothers butt......strange yes, but very true.....he has been sat on a very thin bike saddle since Sunday afternoon - ouch - and is only halfway through his epic challenge of cycling 750 miles in 90 hours from Paris to Brest and back to Paris again.

Why is he doing this?? I reckon it's to prove to me that cycling is tougher than walking or something equally nonsensical...but Tim reckons he is raising money for a well in Kenya!
You can check out how he is doing through his website, and more importantly, donate some cash to 'Tim's well'. ( don't let on, but I am secretly rather impressed by him   shhh)

http://www.challengemenace/

Anyways....Tim doing this has given me itchy feet...I need a new challenge! Last Wednesday SS and I did  a 'mini challenge'. We did an old route to Hungerford and back along the canal which was great, and after 23-24 miles, I collected Golda and Mali and did  a small loop of the common taking me up to 26+ miles which is marathon distance - and that felt good. I mentioned that I had done a marathon when at a BBQ on Sunday evening, and a couple from church who had given me sponsor money to 'stop' doing events wanted a refund - I had to explain that this was a training event, and I'd only stopped doing 'mad distances'!!

I've had an hour in the gym this morning, ready for an event that SS and I have tomorrow called the Shipton Star which is a 25 mile event on the edge of Salisbury Plain. It starts at a village hall, and we all know that village halls =cake!! It sounds like a good event as you start off at a main check point and return to it at the end of each leg of the journey, creating, in effect, the 'star' of the name, and hopefully, collecting a piece of cake.......

But, I still need a challenge.......we have 40 miles in May to look forward to, but we need something before then.....maybe I'm going have to take up this cycling lark.....750 miles, it's not that far is it??!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment